PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO TRADERS WHEN LOGGED INTO THE WEBSITE. VISITORS CAN CONTINUE TO VIEW THE SITE AS NORMAL...
Cookies are small files that sit behind the scenes of your internet browser, they cannot carry viruses or install malware on to your computer. They are used purely to store basic information, such as login details, shopping basket orders, user traffic details etc.
· Your payments are handled directly with SagePay using the SagePay payment gateway. We DO NOT see, hold or store any credit or debit card information this is handled by SagePay who then credit our business bank account held with HSBC.
· We take online security seriously. All of our online transactions go entirely through Sage Pay – the UK & Ireland's leading independent payment service provider (PSP).
Sage Pay's security policy:
· As a payment service provider (PSP), thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to Sage Pay, it is Sage Pay's top priority to ensure that customers' transaction data is kept secure at all times.
· All transaction information passed between merchant sites and Sage Pay's systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to your servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing you pass to Sage Pay's servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
· Once on Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data they hold is extremely secure and they are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
· Sage Pay's systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands.
· Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. Sage Pay are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
· Sage Pay has multiple private links into the banking network that are completely separate from the Internet and which do not cross any publicly accessible networks. Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with.
· Sage Pay is controlled by Iris Scanners, which are the latest and most precise biometric security devices available for identification. As used by; chemical plants, airports, police stations, prisons and other facilities where security is paramount. No one can enter or leave the building without a valid security pass.
· All employees at Sage Pay are Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checked prior to employment and no unauthorized individual has access to or is able to decrypt transaction information or cardholder data. Sage Pay's systems only allow access to our most senior staff and only in extenuating circumstances (such as investigations of Card Fraud by the Police). All transaction information and customer card information is secure even from our own employees.
· Sage Pay operates on twin data centres to ensure optimal system security and up-time and has a full disaster recovery and business continuation policy.