Tree House Recall
Product Safety Recall
Potential choking hazard
This applies to Tree Houses from Batch Number H13H purchased between 15 Jan 2014 – 12 June 2014.
Tree House with six finger puppets PC004505
This product has passed all
EN71 safety tests but it has come to our attention that the interior lining of
the tree house in batch H13H starts to degrade after approximately two years.
This then allows access to the stuffing lining the inside of the tree trunk.
Having conducted a full risk assessment and taken advice from Hertfordshire
Trading Standards it is our opinion that this could cause a potential choke
What action to take:
- If you have any items from Batch number H13H still left
in stock please remove them from sale and return to us for a replacement and/or
credit. (The batch number can be found on the small sewn in label at the base
of the trunk)
- Please contact any customers you have the details for and provide them with a copy of our recall safety notice (the link for this can be found below).
- If your customer wishes to have a replacement tree trunk, please advise us of this and we will send a replacement tree trunk to them.
- We do not need your customer to return the item to us - please ask them to destroy it. This product recall does not apply to the finger puppets so they will be sent a replacement Tree Trunk only.
- If your customer would prefer a refund please issue the refund and we will give you a credit for the wholesale price or a replacement. Please note: In order to receive a full refund, the customer must return the tree trunk and all of the finger puppets to your store.
- Please print and display the recall notice in a prominent position within your store(s) and online, where relevant, to alert your customers.
- Please note: This recall only applies to the Tree Trunks from batch H13H.
Please download a copy of our recall notice Here.
If you have any questions
regarding this recall please phone our Head Office on 01462 446040.
The Puppet Company Ltd.